Students who are interested in enrolling into Cosmo Beauty Academy may do so by calling and setting up an appointment at (916) 779-0143 and bringing the following: Proof of Identification issued by the United States Government, Social Security Card, High School Diploma or GED and the registration fee.
- An applicant must be at least 18 years old. 17 years of age is acceptable if the student has a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Applicant must pay a $250.00 non-refundable registration fee.
- Applicant must take and pass an entrance exam provided by CBA.
- Have a valid government issued I.D. Card. (Driver’s License, any state, State issued Identification card; Military Identification; United Stateli Passport; Resident Alien – I 551; Employment Authorization – I-7666; I-666B; Certificate of United States Citizenship; United States Citizen Identification Card – I-197; Alien Registration Card – I-5.
- A valid Social Security Card or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN).
- Social security card and government issued I.D Card “MUST MATCH” NO EXCEPTIONS.
- An applicant must have a high school diploma or the equivalent (GED).
- Applicants who immigrated to the United States and cannot provide an actual copy of a high school diploma or its equivalent will have to obtain a GED.
- Upon admittance, students must attend a mandatory orientation set forth by the administrative staff.
- $15.00 fee for a parking pass (if applicable)
- Applicant must be at least 17 years of age.
- Applicant must have completed at least the tenth grade or its equivalent, High school diploma or GED.
- Applicant must complete all requirements and clock hours for their prescribed course.
- Applicant must submit the required forms for the examination and pay all required fees.
- Applicant must pass a licensing examination by the Board of Barbering and Cosmetology.
- Applicant must be able to travel to the examination facility in either Fairfield or Glendale, California.
- Each applicant must have a Government approved Picture Identification Card and a valid Social Security Number.
Students will not be able to obtain a license or employment without a valid social security number.
Outcome Rates for all 3 Programs are:
- English Cosmetology Completion Rate: 40.90%
- English Cosmetology Licensure Rate: 100.00%
- English Cosmetology Placement Rate: 88.89%
- Spanish Cosmetology Completion Rate: 94.44%
- Spanish Cosmetology Licensure Rate: 70.59%
- Spanish Cosmetology Placement Rate: 58.82%
- Esthetician Completion Rate: 83.33%
- Esthetician Licensure Rate: 94.12%
- Esthetician Placement Rate: 80.00%
- Manicurist Completion Rate: 92.31%
- Manicurist Licensure Rate: 100.00%
- Manicurist Placement Rate: 71.43%