Admissions & Financial Aid
Students who are interested in enrolling into Cosmo Beauty Academy may do so by calling and setting up an appointment at (916) 779-0143 and bringing the following: Proof of Identification issued by the United States Government, Social Security Card, High School Diploma or GED and the registration fee.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Our financial aid representatives are available in-person to help you answer any questions and develop a plan that works for you.
- An applicant must be at least 18 years old. 17 years of age is acceptable if the student has a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Applicant must pay a $100.00 non-refundable registration fee.
- Applicant must take and pass an entrance exam provided by CBA.
- Have a valid government issued I.D. Card. (Driver’s License, any state, State issued Identification card; Military Identification; United Stateli Passport; Resident Alien – I 551; Employment Authorization – I-7666; I-666B; Certificate of United States Citizenship; United States Citizen Identification Card – I-197; Alien Registration Card – I-5.
- A valid Social Security Card or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN).
- Social security card and government issued I.D Card “MUST MATCH” NO EXCEPTIONS.
- An applicant must have a high school diploma or the equivalent (GED).
- Applicants who immigrated to the United States and cannot provide an actual copy of a high school diploma or its equivalent will have to obtain a GED.
- Upon admittance, students must attend a mandatory orientation set forth by the administrative staff.
- $10.00 fee for a parking pass (if applicable)
- Applicant must be at least 17 years of age.
- Applicant must have completed at least the tenth grade or its equivalent, High school diploma or GED.
- Applicant must complete all requirements and clock hours for their prescribed course.
- Applicant must submit the required forms for the examination and pay all required fees.
- Applicant must pass a licensing examination by the Board of Barbering and Cosmetology.
- Applicant must be able to travel to the examination facility in either Fairfield or Glendale, California.
- Each applicant must have a Government approved Picture Identification Card and a valid Social Security Number.
Students will not be able to obtain a license or employment without a valid social security number.
Outcome Rates for all 3 Programs are:
- English Cosmetology Completion Rate: 40.90%
- English Cosmetology Licensure Rate: 100.00%
- English Cosmetology Placement Rate: 88.89%
- Spanish Cosmetology Completion Rate: 94.44%
- Spanish Cosmetology Licensure Rate: 70.59%
- Spanish Cosmetology Placement Rate: 58.82%
- Esthetician Completion Rate: 83.33%
- Esthetician Licensure Rate: 94.12%
- Esthetician Placement Rate: 80.00%
- Manicurist Completion Rate: 92.31%
- Manicurist Licensure Rate: 100.00%
- Manicurist Placement Rate: 71.43%