Students who are interested in enrolling into Cosmo Beauty Academy may do so by calling and setting up an appointment at (916) 779-0143 and bringing the following: Proof of Identification issued by the United States Government, Social Security Card, High School Diploma or GED and the registration fee.
- • An applicant must be at least 18 years old. 17 years of age is acceptable if the student has a high school diploma or equivalent. No ability to benefit (ATB) students accepted.
• Applicants must pay a $100.00 non-refundable application fee and $150.00 non-refundable administration fees after the first day of class.
• Applicants must take and pass an entrance exam with a score of 70% or better provided by COSMO BEAUTY ACADEMY. Cosmetology and Esthetician instruction are offered in both English and Spanish (admission and language proficiency is determined by an entrance exam provided in the same language the student wished to enroll).
• Have a valid government issued Identification Card. (Driver’s License from any state, State issued Identification card; Military Identification; United States Passport; Resident Alien – I 551; Employment Authorization – I-7666; I-666B; Certificate of United States Citizenship; United States Citizen Identification Card – I-197; Alien Registration Card – I-5).
• Applicant must have a high school or college diploma or the equivalent (GED) to indicate the applicant’s English language proficiency is at 12th grade reading level. This institution does not provide English language services. All foreign high school diplomas must be translated, evaluated, and certified as equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma by a third-party translation service (such as USCES, amongst others).
• A valid Social Security Card or ITIN
• Upon admittance, students must attend a mandatory orientation set forth by the administrative staff.
• Cosmo Beauty Academy does not offer study abroad programs and does not offer visa services or vouch student’s status, or any associated charges.
• Applicants who immigrated to the United States who cannot provide an actual copy of a high school diploma, or its equivalent will have to obtain a GED. It is the student’s responsibility to have a foreign diploma translated, evaluated, and certified to provide to the institution when enrolling.
- $15.00 fee for a parking pass (if applicable)
- Applicant must be at least 17 years of age.
- Applicant must have completed at least the tenth grade or its equivalent, High school diploma or GED.
- Applicant must complete all requirements and clock hours for their prescribed course.
- Applicant must submit the required forms for the examination and pay all required fees.
- Applicant must pass a licensing examination by the Board of Barbering and Cosmetology.
- Applicant must be able to travel to the examination facility in either Fairfield or Glendale, California.
- Each applicant must have a Government approved Picture Identification Card and a valid Social Security Number.
Students will not be able to obtain a license or employment without a valid social security number.
Outcome Rates for all 3 Programs are:
- English Cosmetology Completion Rate: 40.90%
- English Cosmetology Licensure Rate: 100.00%
- English Cosmetology Placement Rate: 88.89%
- Spanish Cosmetology Completion Rate: 94.44%
- Spanish Cosmetology Licensure Rate: 70.59%
- Spanish Cosmetology Placement Rate: 58.82%
- Esthetician Completion Rate: 83.33%
- Esthetician Licensure Rate: 94.12%
- Esthetician Placement Rate: 80.00%
- Manicurist Completion Rate: 92.31%
- Manicurist Licensure Rate: 100.00%
- Manicurist Placement Rate: 71.43%